Luggage and exemption
¿What is included in your luggage?
- Personal items, including clothes, shoes, toiletries and beauty products, provided that they correspond with the duration of trips, including a wedding dress, baby items, including portable chair and cradle, stroller, walker, including accessories.
- 2 photo cameras or video cameras, photo material, 3 mobile phones or other wireless networks, 1 GPS device, 1 electronic agenda, 1 laptop computer, notebook, omnibook or similar, 1 portable copying or printing machine, 1 CD burner and 1 portable projector, and accessories.
- 2 pieces of personal sports equipment, 4 fishing rods, 3 sliders with or without sails and their accessories, trophies or awards, provided that they can be carried by the passenger with ease.
- 1 portable sound recording or playing device or mix, or 2 image and sound recording or playing digital devices and a portable DVD player, a set of portable speakers and accessories.
- 5 laser disks, 10 DVD disks, 30 compact disks, 3 software packages and 5 storage devices for any electronic equipment.
- Books, magazines and printed documents.
- 5 toys, including collection items, and a videogame console, as well as 5 videogames.
- 1 device to measure blood pressure and 1 to measure glucose or mix and reagents, as well as personal use medication (in case of psychotropic substances a prescription must be shown).
- Suitcases, pouches, crates and baggage or any other item necessary to transport luggage.
- 1 set of binoculars and 1 telescope.
- 2 music instruments and accessories.
- 1 camping tent and other camping items.
- A set of hand tools in their cases, which may include a drill, pliers, keys, craps, screwdrivers, jumper cables, and others.
- Passengers over 18 years old, a maximum of 10 cigarette packs, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco, up to 3 liters of alcoholic beverages and 6 liters of wine.
- Senior citizens and persons with disabilities, the articles whose characteristics supplement or decrease their limitation, such as walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, canes and others.
Additionally, you may import free of taxes, up to 3 pets or companion animals you are carrying with you, such as cats, dogs, canaries, hamsters, guinea pigs, parrots, turtles, small wild birds (except birds of prey), as well as the accessories they require for their transportation and grooming, as long as you show the animal´s health certificate to the customs personnel for imports, issued by SADER;
In the case of wildlife animals, you must additionally show the Verification Registry issued by PROFEPA, which proves compliance of the regulation or non-tariff restriction they are subject to.
(falta info previa )you may now carry 500 USD worth of goods without paying any taxes, in addition to your personal luggage, during the periods corresponding to Programa Paisano, now called “Héroes Paisanos”. For the rest of the year, the exemption is up to 300 USD only for land travel.
Passenger transport means of entry
All year long
During the corresponding periods (easter, summer and winter) for “Programa Paisano”. Exclusively for Mexican nationals returning from abroad by land, except for residents of the border strip or border region.
By air or sea
All year long
The exemption to which each family member is entitled may be accumulated if travelling together by the same transport means, except for residents of the border strip or border region.
You may prove the value of the goods with invoices or sales receipts. In case of not having any, the customs personnel may determine the value of the goods. The exemption does not include:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Cut tobacco.
- Vehicle fuel, except for the one contained in your vehicle´s fuel tank.
El periodo del programa Héroes Paisanos para el ejercicio 2023, será el siguiente:
- Semana Santa: 15 de marzo al 15 de abril
- Verano: 25 de julio al 25 de agosto
- Invierno: 29 de noviembre de 2023 al 08 de enero de 2024
Temporal import of equipment for activities of press, radio or television journalism
Natural persons living abroad who perform activities of press, radio or television journalism, as well as activities related to cinematography, may temporarily import the goods necessary to perform their duties in the two following ways.
- List of goods
In this case a list of goods must be shown in customs, detailing the amount and description of such goods, in addition to the proof issued by the Mexican consulate, where the identification details of the media outlets or the incorporation they represent are shown. In this case, neither a request nor the services of a customs agent will be necessary.
- With an ATA carnet
Instead of the request or the form officially approved by SAT at the entry point of goods, any valid ATA carnet may be used for temporary import but returning to the foreign country in no more than 6 months is necessary.
- Temporal imports bound by the ATA carnet may be conducted in any customs office of the country.