Sistema Electrónico
de Aduanas

Permanent import of household goods

Mexican students or researchers who wish to import their household goods, to permanently settle in national territory, will have to do so abiding by the following procedure:

  1. Obtaining the import authorization by the Legal Decentralized Administration, hence complying with the following:
    a) Having lived abroad for at least one year.
    b) Stating in writing, their full name, address abroad, description and quantity of the household goods.
    c) Proving through documentation that they lived abroad as a student or researcher.
    d) Proving the date of purchase of the household goods (six months before the import date).
    e) Description and quantity of the household goods.

  2. The import will have to be carried out by a customs agent who will have to fill out an A1 request, declaring the tariff item 9804.00.01 of the Tariff of the General Import and Export Tax Law (TIGIE), in its corresponding field.

Confederation of Customs Agents of the Mexican Republic (CAAAREM)
Phone numbers 01 (55) 33 00 75 00 in Mexico, Mexico City
Web page: link to external site

Latin-American Confederation of Customs Agents (CLAA)
Phone numbers 01 (55) 1107-8515 / 1107-8592 in Mexico, Mexico City
Web page: link to external site

  1. he interested party should not have commercial invoices or be registered in the Registry of Importers.

Legal basis: Articles 100 and 101 of the Customs Law Regulation, regulation 3.3.4. of the General Regulations of Foreign trade for 2017.