Temporary import of household goods for foreign students or researchers
Temporary import of the household goods and property of foreign students make take place, for the duration set by their migration status, provided that they abide by the following conditions:
- Proving the stay status, according to the applicable legislation.
- Indicating the place where they will settle in the national territory and describing the household goods.
- Declaring in writing to the customs authority that they are obligated to return the goods, and should they change address, they will notify.
The import will have to be carried out by a customs agent who will have to fill out the corresponding request, declaring the tariff item 9804.00.01 of the Tariff of the General Import and Export Tax Law (TIGIE), in its corresponding field.
- Confederation of Customs Agents of the Mexican Republic (CAAAREM)
Phone numbers 01 (55) 33 00 75 00 in Mexico, Mexico City
Web page: link to external site www.caaarem.mx
- Latin-American Confederation of Customs Agents (CLAA)
Phone numbers 01 (55) 1107-8515 / 1107-8592 Nationwide
Web page: www.claa.org.mx
The interested party should not have commercial invoices or be registered in the Registry of Importers.
Legal basis: Articles 106 fraction IV section b), 107 of the Customs law, 159 of the Regulation of Customs Law.