New Service Model for International Passengers on Airports
In regards to enforcing the New Service Model for International Passengers on Airports, notice must be taken from the Provisional article Eight from the “DECREE through which several provisions from the former Internal Regulation for the Tax Administration Service are amended and added, and through which the Internal Regulation for the Mexican National Customs Agency is issued”, published on the Federal Official Gazette on December 21st, 2021, as well as, Regulation 3.2.6 “Simplified Declaration of Passengers from Abroad” from the General Foreign Trade Regulation published on December 24th, 2021 on the Federal Official Gazette.
Therefore, this model aims at simplifying the procedure completed by passengers from abroad upon arriving the country, by setting up a “nothing to declare” lane, which will be implemented gradually on all customs points across the country.
Custom points operating under the New Service Model for International Passenger son Airports:
- Terminal 2 from AICM (Mexico City International Airport), as of April 4th, 2017.
- Terminal 1 from AICM (Mexico City International Airport), as of September 25th, 2017.
- Terminal 4 From Cancun International Airport, as of November 1st, 2017.
- San Luis Potosi International Airport “Ponciano Arriaga”, as of June 25th, 2019.
- Monterrey International Airport “Gral. Mariano Escobedo”, as of September 19th, 2019.
- Terminal 3 from Cancun International Airport, as of October 27th, 2020.
- Felipe Angeles International Airport, as of March 21st, 2022.